Thursday, December 02, 2004

ioc hype

So, I've been reading about HiveMind lately. Not because I want to use it, but because I want to understand what all the fuss is about. It's main premise seems to be 'use HiveMind because what we wrote is better than what you could ever come up with.' Maybe that's true in my case, but not necessarily for some other smart person. The idea behind the framework has merit; I think they could've done a better job on their sales pitch.

"Yes, you could do this in your own code ... but would you really include all the error checking that HiveMind does? Or the line-precise error reporting? Would you bother to create unit tests for all the failure conditions?

Using HiveMind allows you to write the schema and rules and know that the conversion from XML to Java objects is done uniformly, efficiently and robustly."


As I read this doc, it keeps coming to me that I should really dump this IT gig and become an editor. My writing skills may have gone out the window long ago, but I can still nitpick with the best of 'em. An impromptu Monster search yields the perfect listing(!)

Wonder how much that pays..... would it be enough to support my shoe and automobile habit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home